Monday, January 16, 2017

Purple



This month over at So Scrappy, the color for the month is Purple.

I made 10 quilt blocks that will finish at 6" square.



I also made 4 purple blocks that will finish at 12" square for the Solstice Challenge. Here's the only one I haven't shared yet, Cobble Stones.



I than took all my purple scraps and cut them up into 1.5", 2", 2.5", 3.5" squares, and into bricks (I can't come up with those sizes right now), plus I kept strips that measured at least 3/4" wide to 1 1/2" wide. Got the measurements from Bonnie Hunter. Anything that was at least 5" I didn't cut down, so I have some bigger pieces of purple to work with too! I also left some strips uncut too.



Put all the different sizes in storage bags and put it all into my purple box. (I really wish I would have take a before picture of my box.)

8 comments:

  1. loving all thrse purple blocks, I am struggling to find enough purple to make one!Thinking of doing churn dash blocks for this challenge but ho knows I could change my mind before I start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job sorting out the purples.
    Love the storage box too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The storage box pattern is in the book Sunday Morning Quilts.

      Delete
  3. Your purple box looks so organized and nicely color coordinated. The 6 inch blocks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy you have a lot of purple blocks done - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty purples in a purple box. Lovely selection of purples in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great way to store the different colors of scraps!
    I love all of your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Using all of those PURPLE scraps AND cutting more for future use. Nice work on the basket to store them in, too!!

    ReplyDelete