Thursday, September 21, 2017

I Spy finish

I finished my I spy quilt. This quilt has 196 4" novelty squares. I'm so glad I participated in the swap Val had last year. I used this tutorial. I just made a bunch more blocks to make the quilt bigger.

I tried 2 new things on this quilt. The first being I tied the quilt, which I've never done before. And the 2nd is I used the backing to bind the quilt.



I love this quilt, and it's making me wonder why I left the top just sitting there for so long before I finished it.

This quilt is listed as #1 on FAL 3rd Quarter list and is #3 on my American Patchwork and Quilting UFO list.

Now I need to stock up on I spy squares again!!

2 comments:

  1. I NEED to get sewing mine...especially after seeing what you've done! Makes me want to make one that is queen size to use as an extra bedroom quilt. THANKS for sharing and for inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the biggest I-spy I've seen. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete